Wow, it's been almost a month since my last post. Definitely decided to take a break during my break. Although, I have honestly thought about blogging several times over the break (crazy, I know). Baby steps.
I enjoyed my break: I went on a personal reading tear. Read 20+ books this month. And, IT WAS GLORIOUS! I need to somehow make the time for a bit of personal reading during the quarter. It is one of my most favorite things to do.
As I think about the upcoming quarter, I am filled with excitement and anxiety. I love my MT and class, but change is always challenging for me. I do know that once I'm "back in the swing of things," it will be wonderful.
Also, as 2010 concludes, I've found myself reflecting on a quote offered at orientation for the teaching program. Repeatedly, we were told that some of our best friends would be found in the program. Most of us kinda looked around with deer-in-headlights eyes while smiling and nodding. Low and behold, they were right.
I can honestly say that I have found some of my best friends in this program. Making friends my age has been challenging for me since moving here a couple of years ago. Since the program has started, I've found a group of girls that are my age, have similar interests, and are just good, kind people (they're also a lot of fun too!). Last time we hung out I spent more time laughing and cutting up than I can remember doing in a looong time. In fact, I may just be ringing in the new year with them tomorrow ;)
Looking forward to 2011. It's gonna be a big year.
No comments:
Post a Comment