Today in math I learned about TinkerPlot, an elementary level program similar to Fathom. The short intro video we watched got me quite interested in thinking about how powerful manipulating data could be for students. Still, the big takeaway for me today was the reiteration of the importance of the 4 main areas of lesson planning: 1) What do your students know? 2)What do you want them to know? 3) How will you get them there? 4) Did you get them there? If not, how can you rework your lesson and try again?
As I move forward with my student teaching quarter and beyond, it will be important for me to remember that these 4 questions drive every lesson I plan, regardless of the format. Also, our discussion about knowing our students today made me think back to Ayers and his argument that curriculum must be relevant to the students for it to be meaningful to them. Another area of my teaching that I will pay particular attention to is making sure that my students see themselves reflected in the curriculum.
No comments:
Post a Comment